C.Scope Data Logging DXL4 Cable Avoidance Tool with Bluetooth
To assist in further reducing cable strikes and personal injury, C.Scope have introduced the DXL4 cable avoidance tool based on the CXL, DXL and MXL range of digital products.
The new models have built in Data Logging – which record exactly what the operator is doing without any change to daily working practices. The stored data can then be retrieved for review.
In the event of a Cable Strike, a key question that needs to be answered is; ‘Was the Cable Avoidance Tool actually used before the excavation work began?‘ And, if it was used ‘Was it used fully and correctly?‘
Operator Activity Records, stored for each second of use, can show that the Locator has been used and that it has been used correctly.
- No additional operator retraining required.
- Open and easy integration of datalogging information into customers reporting tools.
- Record accurate x, y and z position of underground cables and pipes.
- Improve on-line risk assessments and method statements.
- No yearly calibration checks are required.
To find out what other cable detection equipment we supply, including thermal imaging cameras, click here.
The DXL4 depth measuring Cable Avoidance Tool is available in two model types:
DXL4-D Cable Avoidance Tool
The C.Scope DXL4-D is a high performance digital simultaneous dual-frequency (33+131kHz) Cable Avoidance Tool with in-built Data Logging.
DXL4-DBG Cable Avoidance Tool
The C.Scope DXL4-DBG is a high performance digital simultaneous dual-frequency (33+131kHz) Cable Avoidance Tool with in-built Data Logging, Bluetooth™ connectivity and GPS tracking.
Both these products are designed for use with an SGA4 or an SGV4 Signal Generator.
- On/Off Switch: Spring loaded trigger switch under handle
- Function Select Switch (FOUR position): P. Power Mode; R. Radio Mode; G. Generator Mode; A. AllScan Mode
- Sensitivity Control
- Depth Button. Push button for live display of depth
Removable and user replaceable loudspeaker module
Multi-segment Liquid Crystal Display indicating:
- Signal Strength
- Mode selected
- Battery Condition
- Self Test Indicator
- GPS signal detected (DXL4-DBG only)
- Bluetooth™ activated (DXL4-DBG only)
- Depth Measurement (in Generator Mode)
Internal capacity for storing over 12 months of data (in normal use) logged once per second. Data logged includes:
- Sensitivity Level
- Received Signal Level
- Self Test Result
- Swing Indicator
- GPS position (DXL4-DBG only)
- Bluetooth v2.1 (for Android) and v4.0 (for Apple iOS)
Standard USB Mini B connector in battery compartment. USB 2.0 Compatible
Automatic Daily Self Test
Audio beep to indicate incorrect use of the Locator
Generator Mode Frequencies
Simultaneous 131,072Hz and 32,768Hz
Case moulded from high impact plastic. Designed to withstand 1m (3’3”) drop onto a hard surface
Weight (including batteries)
2.65kg (5 lb 13 oz)
720mm x 280mm x 65mm (28.3” x 11” x 2.5”)
- Locate Accuracy: better than 10% of depth
- Depth Accuracy: ±5% @ 1m (3’3”)
- Line Depth Measurement Range: 0.1m to 9.99m (4” to 32’)
- Line Depth Resolution: 0.01m (0.4”)
- Sonde Depth Measurement Range: 0.1m to 9.99m (4” to 32’) depending on Sonde type
- Sonde Depth Resolution: 0.01m (0.4”)
Internal 8 x ‘AA’ (LR6) cells (either alkaline non-rechargeable or NiMH rechargeable)
40 hours intermittent use at 20ºC (68ºF) using alkaline cells
Network Rail Approved
We are committed to offering the best products, at the very best rates on the market. If you can find a better offer, we will endeavor to not only match, but beat it!
To Find out more about our policy and to see how you would qualify for our price promise, click here.