C.Scope MXL4 Cable Locator
The new C.Scope MXL Locator is a high performance Locator specifically designed to detect, identify and trace specific buried pipes and cables reliably and accurately, even in the most congested areas. It is especially useful for those that wish to identify the route of a particular pipe or cable such as utility technicians of maintenance engineers.
Building on the key features of our CXL and DXL Cable Avoidance Tools, the MXL has the added benefit of three transmitter frequencies and the Signal Current Measurement feature that is a great aid to successful identification of specific pipes and cables.
Used alone, the MXL Locator offers high speed and accurate detection of most buried services. When used in conjunction with the MXT Transmitter and accessories, the MXL Locator becomes a high performance pipe and cable locating and tracing package that will allow long distance and highly selective tracing to be achieved. It is the ideal Locator for those who have to tackle multiple locating applications in the course of their work.
- As with ALL C.Scope digital Cable Avoidance Tools – no yearly calibration checks are required.
- The MXL locator is available with Bluetooth connectivity to enable communication with mapping and data logging systems.
To find out what other cable detection equipment we supply, including thermal imaging cameras, click here.
The MXL4 Multi Frequency Locator is available in two model types:
MXL4-D Precision Locator
The C.Scope MXL4-D is a high performance digital multi-frequency Precision Pipe & Cable Locator with in-built Data Logging.
MXL4-DBG Precision Locator
The C.Scope MXL4-DBG is a high performance digital multi-frequency Precision Pipe & Cable Locator with in-built Data Logging, Bluetooth™ connectivity and GPS tracking.
Both these products are designed for use with an MXT4 Multi Frequency Transmitter.
MXL4 Precision Locator
- On/Off Switch: Spring loaded trigger switch under handle
- Function Select Switch (FOUR position): P. Power Mode; R. Radio Mode; T. Transmitter Mode; A. AllScan Mode
- Sensitivity Control
- Depth Measurement Button. Push button for live display of depth
- Current Measurement Button. Pushbutton for live display of Transmitter current
- Frequency Select Button. Pushbutton for Transmitter Mode frequency selection
- Audio Indication
- Removable and user replaceable loudspeaker module
Multi-segment Liquid Crystal Display indicating:
- Signal Strength
- Mode selected
- Battery Condition
- Self Test Indicator
- In Transmitter Mode, Frequency selected; Depth Measurement; Signal Current Measurement
- GPS signal detected (MXL4-DBG only)
- Bluetooth™ activated (MXL4-DBG only)
Internal capacity for storing over 12months of data (in normal use) logged once per second. Data logged includes:
- Mode Sensitivity Level
- Received Signal Level
- Frequency Depth
- Signal Current Measurement
- Self Test Result
- Swing Indicator
- GPS position (MXL4-DBG only)
- Bluetooth v2.1 (for Android) and v4.0 (for Apple iOS)
Standard USB Mini B connector in battery compartment. USB 2.0 Compatible
Automatic Daily Self Test
Audio beep to indicate incorrect use of the Locator
Transmitter Mode Frequencies
Simultaneous 131,072Hz and 32,768Hz; 131,072Hz, 32,768Hz; 8,192Hz; 640 and 512Hz
Case moulded from high impact plastic. Designed to withstand 1m (3’3”) drop onto a hard surface
Weight (including batteries)
2.65kg (5lb 13oz)
720mm x 280mm x 65mm (28.3” x 11” x 2.5”)
- Locate Accuracy: better than 10% of depth
- Depth Accuracy: ±5% @ 1m (3’3”)
- Line Depth Measurement Range: 0.1m to 9.99m (4” to 32’)
- Line Depth Resolution: 0.1m (0.4”)
- Sonde Depth Measurement Range: 0.1m to 9.99m (4” to 32’) depending on Sonde type
- Sonde Depth Resolution: 0.1m (0.4”)
- Current Measurement: 0.01mA to 100mA
- Battery Type
- Internal 8 x ‘AA’ (LR6) cells (either alkaline non-rechargeable or NiMH rechargeable)
40 hours intermittent use at 20ºC (68ºF) using alkaline cells
We are committed to offering the best products, at the very best rates on the market. If you can find a better offer, we will endeavor to not only match, but beat it!
To Find out more about our policy and to see how you would qualify for our price promise, click here.