C.Scope SGA3 Signal Generator
An affordable solution for your signal generator needs, this SGA3 signal generator is designed for use alongside a CXL3 or DXL3 Cable Avoidance Tool to make the task of cable avoidance far more effective for your day to day operations. Built to optimist the performance of compatible products, this allows the operators to locate more buried utilities, including street lighting cables.
The product also provides two signal application techniques; the 33kHz SGA3 Signal Generator can energise a buried metal pipe or cable either by ‘direct connection’ to the target pipe or cable or the simpler ‘induction’ method from above ground.
In the event of a Cable Strike, a key question that needs to be answered is; ‘Was the Cable Avoidance Tool actually used before the excavation work began?‘ And, if it was used ‘Was it used fully and correctly?‘
A Pulsed or Continuous signal output allows operators to switch to the Pulsed Mode at the push of a button in high interference situations and keep on tracing.
To find out what other cable detection equipment we supply, including thermal imaging cameras, click here.
All operation is by push button control as follows:
- Power Level: 2 available power levels via High and Low Power buttons
- Pulse/Continuous Output: toggles between pulse or continuous output using one push button
- Audio/Mute: toggles between high or low level audio output using one push button
- Audio Indications
Audio Feedback on button push
- Audio pitch drops with increasing load current in Connected Mode
- Audio pitch changes with power level in Induced Mode
- Audio output pulses to indicate Pulsed Mode
- Low battery indicated by interrupted Audio and output signal
- Induced = 32,768Hz
- Connected = 32,768Hz
- Carrier Pulse Frequency: 7.5Hz (pulsed mode)
- Audio Pulse frequency: 3.75Hz (pulsed mode)
- Connection Mode automatically selected when lead is plugged into socket
- Maximum Output Voltage (open circuit): 20V rms
- Maximum Output Current (short circuit): 18mA rms
- Maximum Power: 320mW into 1000Ω load
- Case moulded from high impact plastic.
- Designed to withstand 1m (3’3”) drop onto a hard surface
- Incorporates clip on Accessory storage compartment
- Weight (including batteries, Connection Leads and Earth Stake)
- 3.4kg (7 pounds 7 ounces)
Dimensions (with Accessory storage compartment)
360mm x 180mm x 230mm (14.1” x 7” x 9”)
Internal 4 x ‘D’ (LR20) cells (either alkaline non-rechargeable or NiMH rechargeable)
Up to 40 hours intermittent use at 20ºC (68ºF) using alkaline cells
We are committed to offering the best products, at the very best rates on the market. If you can find a better offer, we will endeavor to not only match, but beat it!
To Find out more about our policy and to see how you would qualify for our price promise, click here.