Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2)

Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) is used for a variety of purposes, including disinfection of drinking water, poultry, vegetables and medical equipment. In its pure form, chlorine dioxide is a toxic gas that can be dangerous to humans if overexposure occurs. This will cause irritation of the eyes, nose and throat.

The gas does have a yellow-brown colour to it, but it can still be difficult to detect without the correct equipment. Here at Rockall, we have a variety of Cl02 detectors available to keep your workers safe while on site. Check out our how chlorine dioxide is used in Water & Wastewater here.

Should you require any further information, simply fill out our contact form below and one of our friendly specialists will get in touch with you: