Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)

Commonly found in the manufacturing process, hydrogen sulphide (H2S) makes up significant amounts of raw natural gas and is extremely harmful to humans. It is used to create a variety of inorganic sulphides used to create pesticides, leather, dyes, and pharmaceuticals, but in high levels can be both flammable and explosive.

H2S is harmful to workers at even low concentrations as it acts as an asphyxiant which can result in a loss of consciousness very quickly. In concentrations as low as 500-700 ppm, hydrogen sulphide can result in death within an hour. Long term effects of exposure can result in recurring headaches, memory loss, and problems with the cardiovascular system. Take a look through our generous selection of hydrogen sulphide detectors to ensure the safety of your workers while on site.

For further information please fill out the contact form below and one of our specialists will get in touch with you: