Ozone (O3) is a form of oxygen (O2) that is formed by photochemical reactions involving oxides of nitrogen and hydrocarbons. It is a colourless gas that emits a strong, distinctive odour and is toxic to humans. Exposure can cause symptoms that range from headaches and coughing to fluid on the lungs and asthma.
O3 is a powerful oxidising agent that can react explosively with oil and grease, posing a risk of explosion if precautions aren’t taken. Workers are at risk of death if overexposure occurs; ensure the safety of your workers with an appropriate gas monitor. Here at Rockall, we have a variety of Ozone gas detectors available to ensure the safety of your workers.
If you require further information, fill out the form below and one of our friendly specialists will get back in touch with you: