Phosphine (PH3)

Used commonly in the production of plastics, phosphine (PH3) is a highly flammable and explosive gas that may ignite spontaneously on contact with air. It poses many threats to workers if overexposure occurs and must be correctly monitored to ensure safety. It is naturally colourless but does have a distinctive odour that can work to alert workers to its presence but should not be used to provide reliable warning of levels.

Phosphine is highly toxic to humans and may cause asphyxiation in enclosed, poorly ventilated, or low-lying areas. It is important for workers to be equipped with an appropriate gas detector to ensure overexposure doesn’t occur. Take a look through our selection of phosphine gas detectors to find the best model for your requirements.

Fill out the form below if you require more information and one of our friendly specialists will get back in touch with you: