Confined Space Entry Training – CST001
This two day confined space entry training course is for any person who needs to develop the essential underpinning skills and knowledge required and to pass a competency based assessment. The assessment addresses planning, entering, working and exiting confined spaces including via a vertical shaft and where escape breathing apparatus is a part of the planned means of self-rescue and show proof of post training competence to an employer/client.
This course will cover:
- Outcomes of the Confined Spaces Regulations 1997.
- Personal protection and hygiene requirements.
- Risk assessing residual hazards.
- Types of gaseous atmosphere, portable gas monitoring equipment and its use.
- The use of harness tripod/man-riding winch, fall arrest and safety line.
- The use of escape breathing apparatus as part of a self rescue procedure.
- Safe entry working and exit procedures and exit procedures at confined spaces.
- Emergency procedures and practical exercises.
- Knowledge and skill assessment exercises for planning, entering, working and exiting confined spaces. using escape-breathing apparatus as a part of the planned means for self-rescue.
- 5831 Option.
- Practical skill assessment & written examination.
(Available as City & Guilds Utilities Operations Scheme 5831 – Unit 801 or 808). This course is for any person who needs to develop the essential underpinning skills and knowledge required.
To find out what other training courses we have to offer, click here.