Confined Space Management Training – CST005 (3 Days)
A 3 day course for confined space management training, this offers a ideal safety solution for any person who has responsibility for planning safe systems of work, after risk assessment, for others entering confined spaces, uses permits to work as part of a safe system and is appointed by the employer to be the Responsible or Authorising Officer responsible for confined spaces and/or implementing/maintaining the employer’s confined spaces policy.
This course will cover:
- Legislation and ACOP relevant to confined spaces working.
- Specified risks and their control.
- Risk assessing residual hazards.
- Types of gaseous atmosphere.
- Operation of safe systems of work.
- Using permit-to-work control measures.
- Personal protection and hygiene requirements.
- Health standards for staff and contractors.
- Documentation and records
Selection and use of portable gas monitoring equipment
- safety line
- fall arrest systems
- escape breathing apparatus
- short term working breathing apparatus.
Emergency planning and rescue procedures. Self-rescue and emergencies.
Practical exercises in planning for entering, working and exiting confined spaces.