Radon (RN)

Commonly found in rocks, soils, building materials and water, Radon (RN) is a colourless and odourless gas that is highly toxic to humans. It produces a radioactive dust that once inhaled, gets trapped inside the airways and damages the inside of the lungs. This has a high increase on the risk of lung cancer, and is the cause of over 1100 deaths each year in the UK.

RN is commonly found in confined space areas such as basements, caves and mines, and calls for safety inspections to take place in such dwellings prior to worker entry. In order to ensure the safety of a worker in one of these spaces, appropriate gas detectors must be supplied. Take a look through the Rockall Safety selection of radon gas detectors to protect your workers while on site.

If you require further information, fill out the form below and one of our friendly specialists will get back in touch with you: