Full Duration BA & Control
This course provides a basic level of training designed to equip individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to safely and competently test, don, and wear full duration breathing apparatus.
- Select a charged compressed air cylinder and check its contents.
- Connect/disconnect a cylinder to a BA set.
- Adjust, test and connect a facemask.
- Name and identify the component parts of a BA set.
- Identify, test and operate ancillary equipment.
- Perform a general test to the BA set.
- Complete log book entries to record tests and maintenance.
- Don and wear a BA set.
- Perform a pre-entry test.
- Clean and maintain a facemask.
- Service and prepare a BA set.
- Safely store a ba cylinder.
- State and define the full duration of BA cylinders for a range of pressures.
- State and define the working duration of BA sets.
- State the factors that will affect/reduce the working duration.
- State and define the safety margin.
- Identify the need for effective ba control procedures.